In the January £2 ballot, members voted in favour of a proposal to have murals painted on the walls inside the stadium by local artist Mark Worst.
We asked members to choose which of the club's 11 major trophy wins they would like to commemorate and, based on that feedback, Mark and members of the SMISA board have chosen the six images that Mark will now start to recreate. There will be two murals each in the concourses of the Main, Family and West Stands.
The images selected are:
- the cover of the 1959 Scottish Cup Final match day programme
- Jimmy Bone and team-mates with the 1980 Anglo Scottish Cup
- Tony Fitzpatrick and Billy Abercromby celebrating the 1987 Scottish Cup win
- Mark Yardley from the Millennium Champions season of 99/00
- Steven Thompson celebrating his goal in the 2013 League Cup semi-final win over Celtic
- Stephen McGinn waiting in the tunnel to collect the 2017/18 Championship trophy.
Mark is due to start work this week and will work throughout the summer so that all six murals are finished for the start of the new season. We will keep members updated with his progress.