In 2020 we ran the biggest-ever survey of SMISA members, in which we asked a range of questions to estabish what our members wanted from SMISA and from a fan-owned St Mirren. The results of that were used to create the following mission statement:
To keep St Mirren fan-owned and at the heart of the local community.
SMISA’s vision for St Mirren:
Respected throughout Scottish football as a financially-stable, sustainably-run club which competes at the top level, develops young players, and engages its fanbase and community.
We will support the club to deliver the vision above by:
- safeguarding the ownership of St Mirren;
- helping ensure good governance of the business;
- investing in the club and its long-term future;
- ensuring our members views are considered by the club;
- helping the club make a positive impact on the local community;
In delivering the above, we will stay true to the below:
Respectful – we will be respectful to each other and everyone we deal with.
Professional – we will aim for the highest possible standards in everything we do.
Collaborative – we will work with our members, fellow fans and partners to help benefit St Mirren.
Inclusive – we will be accessible and welcoming to all, while promoting equality.
Honest – we will act with integrity and honesty.